About Me

My photo
..i love God.. ..my husband.. ..my sons.. ..i want to love people the way God loves people.. ..i am learning to listen to God's voice..

Sunday, May 20, 2012

10 years together!! May 19, 2002

Geez! I cannot believe it has been 10 years since Myles and I have been together! In all honesty, I did not think this day would come so soon. It still seems like yesterday when I first saw him walk into our AP Civics/Econ class..4th period, after lunch..senior year! I distinctly remember sitting at my desk and in walks this HOT blonde hair-blue eyed guy with a Gap sling backpack. I knew who he was; saw him a couple times around school, and for some reason knew that his name was Myles..with a weird last name that kind of rhymed with his first name! haha..he walks in and looks straight at the clock..that impression of him has always stuck with me. I can still picture it now and I still remember thinking, "Ooh, yesss!! I have someone nice to look at during class!"..Little did I know that it would not only be during class that I would be looking at him! Mind you, I was very open with my crushes back then! I was not scared to let them know I liked them..a lot of them became close friends of mine. I guess you can say that Myles was no different. I make my way to become his friend..sorta! Thanks to a mutual friend, Rama, I knew she was close friends with him, so I hinted to her to let him know about me and my interest in him. She let him know that she knew of a girl who was nice and sweet and "so tiny she could fit in your pocket." Myles then responded with, "Well, she's not my type, but I'll be nice and give her a chance." Little did HE know that we would be here 10 years later! This has been an incredible journey-the past 10 years! A lot of learning, a lot of growing up, a lot of mistakes, a lot of fun, and a lot of love! I am one of the lucky ones who can say that God truly had his hand upon us and our relationship. Yes, we hid our relationship, at least with all of the adults in our family, for almost two years; `I am not sure how long we would have hid it if I did not get pregnant. That right there is a whole other story, that will have to been blogged another time. Nevertheless, we have gone through so much these last 10 years that, I think, can be the start of a book!-Don't think I did not think about writing one! When we were called in pastoral ministry, someone envisioned us to be authors of a book one day! (That, also having to be another blog post!)-I do want to mention that it has been the best 10 years of my life! With all of the trials that came along, we can say that it has been worth it. We have two amazing boys, a beautiful house, a loving extended family, and a growing ministry that we are a part of! I am looking forward to the next 10 years that God has planned for us! Yes, we will be going on our 8 year wedding anniversary in June, but I think it is important to celebrate the day when we knew we wanted to be together for the rest of our lives. I still remember Myles asking me if I can see myself with him for the rest of my life, and I responded with an Of Course! Then I asked him the same thing, and he responded with, "Yes, I do see myself waking up to you for the rest of my life." Although it has only been about a month since we first became friends, I think we were able to tell, even back then, that we were not getting into any of this casually. So, here we are, 10 years later! We did not celebrate extravagantly. Just a dinner at the place we got married at, "The Castaway," but still, it was nice to have some time together. It was nice watching brand new couples act awkwardly lovey-dovey with each other. It was nice to know that we've grown to be out of the "honey moon stage" and that we were maturing in our relationship. We're not quite veterans in that department, but we're not brand new to this relationship, either (if that makes sense). We really did enjoy our night..it was nice to laugh, to talk, and just be together! We even had a nice waitress who showed us a picture of her and her boyfriend! The best line of the night from her was, "So, if you need anything, my name is [so-&-so], if not, that's still my name!" Haha..how classic was that! Then at the end of the night, she wished us a good rest of the night and thanked us for "coming to her place for dinner!" Though it was a simple night, it truly was memorable just being with my one and only! AWWWWWWWWWWWW........haha....ok, that's it! Queue the pictures!...
We both ordered Filet Mignons! OMG!!! Soooooo gooooood!!!!!
Picture after dinner, courtesy of our cool waitress; right before she showed us her picture! haha
Outside on the balcony..Hunnies' maitai..the fire pit..and the view
Overlooking Burbank
Of course we had to get a picture of us and our view! hehe

3 comments:

  1. awww so awesome you guys. glad to see the continuous love flow on.

    and myles....you mean to say that dark haired, brown eyes, vibrant smile, petite, and gorgeous lady isn't your type?!?!? and to think people would pay for a gal like that!
    lol

    love you both. hope to see you and the rest of the family at jeanine and justin's graduation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha..awww thank you!! I wish i knew who this was! Lol...i'm sorry! I don't recognize your name! Lol....but yesss, you will see us at the party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's me hang. :) i tried putting my name but the thing wouldn't allow it. good thing i had an old blog that i totally forgot about, so it allowed me to post the comment. :)

    ReplyDelete