About Me
- Joana
- ..i love God.. ..my husband.. ..my sons.. ..i want to love people the way God loves people.. ..i am learning to listen to God's voice..
Monday, April 23, 2012
Never have been Away.....
I just finished saying goodnight to my misters on the phone! We tried face-timing, but with the bad connection at our house, it didn't quite work! I miss them so much. Yes, I'm only away for two and a half days, but this is the first time, ever, that I have been this far, for this long..I don't think I would be able to handle a job where I am constantly away on business. Yes, traveling is nice, but I have to be with my misters! So now, here I am in my hotel room watching One Tree Hill on DVD and catching up on my blogging! With that said, I just thought I would share with you my first "business flight" experience!
Although today was a travel day for me, I still had to check in at work. It was nice to have my lovies take me to work in the morning. Bless their hearts, they dropped me off to go home and get ready, just to pick me up again! The ride to the airport seemed so long! I was dreading this trip once I found out about it. I just cannot see myself away from my family for more than a "work day"..more or less FLYING (without them). Granted, it is only Sacramento, but still.....if I want to work my way up with this whole "state employee" thing, training is very important!-just next time, they better come with me! haha-
This was the hardest part!! I'm sure you couldn't leave them, either!! Just look at my beautiful family!! Who can stay away??
..iiiiiii know, riiiiiiiiight? haha......so, now you understand! Moving on..
Here's my plane. I flew with Southwest Airlines. I think I like it. lol..With an online check in and we get to pick where we want to sit, it's not that bad! We just have to go outside to board-not sure about that one.
Here we are taking off. Yes, I was praying the whole time the plane was taking off. I still don't understand how a huuuuuuuuuuuuge thing like that, although with the use of jets, stays in the air, with NOTHING underneath it! ps. We seemed like we were going UP through the clouds for quite some time! But it was beautiful seeing the top of the clouds (when we finally did).
Our flight was about an hour long, so it really wasn't that bad! Thanks to cousin, Jeanine, I was able to use their portable dvd player to watch my OTH! However, she did warn me that the battery didn't hold a good charge..but I didn't think it would only last 20 minutes! haha..S'ok though, thanks to my ipad, I put on my worship music and "blah'd" a bit in my new "smash" book about how terrified I was on that plane!
Then came the landing! I don't think I will ever like the feeling of landing! Always a yucky feeling in my gut, but also a feeling that I am almost there! When we finally landed, my stomach finally "unknotted!" haha..and out came the cellphone with texts saying, "We landed and I'm alive!" ..oh yah! I (& my coworker) ended up getting a minivan as our rental, anddd it has a camera for backing up! Man, made me miss ERAC!
It was a pretty decent start of the trip. Coming from an amazing weekend, full of God's presence, I love that I still feel His presence now and see the beauty that He has created around me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm so sorry the battery lasted that long.....hahahaha really sorry! Glad you're there safely---sit at a Starbucks for me if you have time.
ReplyDelete